The Washington Healthcare Authority released the following information on July 14, 2020:
Apple Health and COVID-19 updates
The Health Care Authority (HCA) and its partners continue taking the necessary steps to ensure individuals maintain their Apple Health coverage during the Public Health Emergency (PHE) surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. HCA continues to extend Apple Health eligibility during the PHE and is developing plans to resume normal business operations later this year. HCA will continue sharing updates as new information becomes available.
How to apply for Apple Health
Individuals who are single adults, children, parents/caretakers, or pregnant, apply for Apple Health coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Healthplanfinder - select the "Apply Now" button.
- Mobile app: Download the WAPlanfinder app - select "sign in" or "create an account." Available for iPhone and Android.
- Paper: Submit an Application for Health Care Coverage (18-001P).
- Phone: Call the Washington Healthplanfinder customer support center at 1-855-923-4633.
Individuals who are an adult age 65 or older, blind, disabled, or need long-term services, apply for Apple Health Classic Medicaid coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Connection and select "Apply Now".
- Paper: Submit an Application for Aged Blind Disabled or Long Term Services and Support (HCA 18-005).
- Phone: Request an application by calling 1-877-501-2233.