The health and safety of Arbor Health patients and staff is our primary concern. We are working diligently to provide protection to those in our facilities from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) exposure as well as prepare for future patients’ needs.
In an effort to protect our patients and staff from unnecessary exposure, we have implemented the following restrictions. Effective August 19, 2021:
- No visitors for all inpatient, emergency, observation, or Transitional Care patients. (Exceptions may be permitted at all locations for sensitive scenarios such as minor patients, end-of-life situations, or other special circumstances at the medical provider's discretion.)
- With the exception of minors or elderly requiring assistance, no support persons are permitted. Patient escorts/support individuals will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicles.
- Morton Hospital Café is limited to Arbor Health staff and curbside-pickup meals for seniors.
- The Morton Hospital Gift Shop is limited to hospital patients and staff with no more than two customers at a time with masks and distancing.
- All individuals will be screened for virus symptoms on entering the building.
Once this crisis has passed, we will return to our standard visiting hours:
Family members and friends are encouraged to visit loved ones during their hospital stay. Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. We ask that visits be kept brief, as it is important for patients to receive as much rest as possible. For that reason, we ask that friends and relatives follow these guidelines:
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time.
- Visitors in semiprivate rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Persons with colds, sore throats or any other contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.