Effective today, August 19, 2021, Arbor Health, Morton Hospital and its three primary care clinics—Randle Clinic, Morton Clinic and Mossyrock Clinic—are re-initiating visitor restrictions. While the restrictions that were put into place early in the COVID-19 pandemic had been relaxed in recent months, the appearance of COVID-19’s most recent variant, Delta, in Lewis County requires this change.
“It is vital that we take these precautions in order to protect our patients and staff,” CEO Leianne Everett explained. “Limiting the number of non-patients entering our facilities helps us accomplish this. We will continue to assess the situation and look forward to reopening our Arbor Health system.”
- No visitors for all inpatient, emergency, observation, or Transitional Care patients. (Exceptions may be permitted at all locations for sensitive scenarios such as minor patients, end-of-life situations, or other special circumstances at the medical provider's discretion.)
- With the exception of minors or elderly requiring assistance, no support persons are permitted. Patient escorts/support individuals will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicles.
- Morton Hospital Café is limited to Arbor Health staff and curbside-pickup meals for seniors.
- The Morton Hospital Gift Shop is limited to hospital patients and staff with no more than two customers at a time with masks and distancing.
- All individuals will be screened for virus symptoms on entering the building.