At our Emergency Department, located at Morton Hospital, we know time matters! Did you know the Washington State average for ER wait times is around 4.5 hours? At Morton Hospital's Emergency Department, our average wait is just a fraction of that time! As important, we are one of the few critical access hospitals in the state with an on-site emergency physician 24/7. When moments count, we ensure compassionate, professional care.
With five patient beds, one trauma room, and overflow capability when the need arises, you will see shorter wait times than any other Emergency Department in this region. Our Emergency Department offers care you can count on:
- We are classified as a Level III Stroke Center and Level II Cardiac Center.
- A certified Emergency Department physician is always on hand, as is a staff of specially trained emergency nurses.
- All of our physicians and nurses have advanced training in trauma and cardiac and pediatric emergencies.
- If further treatment is essential, transport is available by ambulance and helicopter.
- Our registered nurses are required to have certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, TEAM, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Our physicians are specially educated in emergency care and procedures.
- Our ED technicians are required to be certified in Basic Life Support. They are also trained to provide special services, such as applying splints, drawing blood, and assisting in patient care.
- We partner with multiple first-responder emergency medical services agencies in our community to deliver seamless care.
At Arbor Health, Morton Hospital, we understand that a visit to the Emergency Department can be stressful. If you have a life-threatening condition, call 911. For any unexpected emergency needs, we welcome you to our Emergency Department. It is our commitment to provide compassionate, professional care to those in need of emergency treatment.