Breathe easier with Arbor Health
At Arbor Health, our Respiratory Therapists and Pulmonary Therapists care for those with trouble breathing, helping improve outcomes for people with asthma, pneumonia, emphysema, lung trauma, and other, similar diagnoses. Breathing problems are caused by a wide range of diseases affecting your lungs, heart, kidneys, or brain. They can be caused by blood clots, infections, or injuries.
Our team performs tests that help your physician gain a better understanding of what is happening with your breathing or heart and how best to treat the problem. Some familiar diseases a respiratory therapist would be involved with include:
- COPD, otherwise known as Chronic Obstructive Airway Disease.
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and other pediatric respiratory illnesses.
- Congestive heart failure.
- Heart attacks.
- Lung cancer.
- Sleep apnea.
- Blood clots in the lungs.
At Arbor Health, Morton Hospital, we provide these services:
- Pulmonary function testing.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Cardiac stress testing.
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs).
- Emergency airway support.
- Nebulized respiratory medication.
- Education on smoking cessation.
- Understanding and learning how to live with lung disease.
Arbor Health respiratory and pulmonary therapists have many years of experience in adult, pediatric, and neonatal critical care; trauma care; and caring for emergency room patients. These skills are essential to meet the needs of our friends, families, and neighbors throughout East Lewis County and surrounding areas.