You are entitled to obtain your medical record. However, Arbor Health, Morton Hospital, takes extra care to be sure only you and your doctor(s) have access.
If you are requesting a copy of your medical record, please complete the release of information form.
You are also welcome to print off our Outside Records Form to request your non-Arbor Health providers send us your existing records.
What information is needed on the form?
To be valid, the release of information form needs to be in writing, dated, signed by the patient or the legal guardian, and must contain the following information:
- To whom the information is to be released (name/address).
- The purpose of the release (box needs to be circled).
- What information the patient is requesting needs to be initialed.
- Contain an expiration date (example: one month from today).
- Be signed and dated by the patient or patient's legal guardian.
- Spouses generally cannot sign for each other. There are, of course, circumstances involving guardianship, minors, durable power of attorney for health care (which is only applicable if the patient is unable to sign for themselves), etc.
For more information, call the Medical Records Department at 360.496.3545.