Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Respiratory Services Manager (full-time)
Under supervision of the Nurse Director, the Manager of Respiratory Services has 24-hour accountability for planning, coordinating, and managing operations and activities of respiratory and pulmonary rehabilitation services for both inpatient and outpatient settings. Effectively and efficiently provides quality patient care services in accordance with patient needs, hospital policy and procedures and regulatory requirements. Oversees the supervision of staff, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT, with current Respiratory Care Practitioner license in the State of Washington.
- Minimum of two (2) years management experience and two (2) years inpatient respiratory care experience required. Ideal candidate will be experienced in inpatient respiratory services, outpatient diagnostic testing, and pulmonary rehabilitation programs.
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care. Proficient in Microsoft applications and CERNER to facilitate teams and assist in meeting benchmarks for care. Ability to educate and relate to all staff and physicians. Creativity and analytical ability to solve problems in a variety of situations, roles and environments. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work varied shifts
Primary job responsibilities:
- Participates in interdisciplinary development of evidence-based patient standards of care; collects and analyzes patient outcomes.
- Facilitates the participation of staff in the systematic, interdisciplinary and ongoing evaluation of programs, processes, and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Guides the provision of all modes of respiratory care in accordance with accepted guidelines (i.e. ACC, AACVPR, AHA, and ACSM, ASE, SVU, etc). .
- Develops, implements, and evaluates systems and processes that complement the overall system for performance improvement
- Analyzes department related information regarding operations, budgets, personnel reports and/or other activities; and develops action plans based on identified trends and variances.
- Demonstrates effective human resource management and ensures staffing flexibility via staff cross training for inpatient, diagnostic testing, and pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Assumes staff duties as needed in the absence of staff availability.
- A strategic thinker with strong analysis and critical thinking skills. This person must understand the nuances of market share, business development and growth and can develop strong business alliances and strategies.
- Responsible for appropriate recruitment, selection, and retention of staff, attempting to minimize turnover of productive employees.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for staff and addresses performance or behavioral issues as needed.
- Delegates effectively by establishing clear expectations, knowledge to do the job with appropriate follow up mechanism while maintaining accountability.
- Maintains professional competency by attending educational programs and participating in professional organizations.
- Facilitates development of staff and motivates them to meet organizational, departmental, and professional commitments.
- Serves as a RQI CPR Super-User for employee BLS, PALS, ACLS training.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled