Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
RN House Supervisor (full-time) (1)
Nursing and Nursing Administration
This position serves as a liaison. On point to ensure a strong collaborative relationship through the hospital. Collects and analyses data on patient admissions, transfers and bed availability in specified clinical areas to improve patient care and maximize bed utilization. Administratively responsible for hospital operations in the absence of Administration. Provides work direction or instructions, usually one-on-one, such as coaching, negotiating, selling, making group presentations. Has supervisory responsibility, consisting of skilled and semi-skilled employees. May require irregular work hours, weekends and overtime as well as travel to offsite locations for training.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN required or obtain within 2 years of hire. Masters preferred.
- Current Washington state RN license. Current ACLS, BLS and PALS. Current CEN, CMSRN, or RN-BC or obtain within 90 days.
- At least five years of nursing experience in an acute care hospital. One year intensive care experience or emergency nursing preferred. Experience as a staff mentor/ coach in a previous leadership role required.
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership, creativity, integrity, initiative, and communication skills. Ability to demonstrate values-based behavior. Requires interpersonal skills, training, teamwork, problem analysis, customer service, independent judgment or action. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English; additional languages preferred. Ability to follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of patient information. Computer knowledge, including: EMR, word processing, e-mail and other work-related computer systems.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Coordinates all nursing care within the hospital during an assigned shift.
- Coordinates patient by assignments and staffing mix.
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and caring based on identified age specific needs.
- Maintains a safe environment in which nurses can learn to be autonomous and empowered decision-makers.
- Shares the role of planning, organizing, and evaluating clinical patient care, staff education, and professional development.
- Functions as a facilitator, resource, and consultant for personnel.
- Knowledgeable in medical-surgical, cardiac and emergency nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing principles, policy and our mission, vision and values.
- Ability to manage and coordinate staff, visitors, physicians, and patients’ needs in a professional manner.
- Understands and applies the principles of teaching and learning.
- Can handle multiple projects/tasks at one time while remaining professional and exhibits the spirit of helpfulness.
- Independently examines complex information and/or situations, evaluates potential impact, options, and makes recommendations.
- Anticipates and solves problems for self, and others.
- Applies safety measures appropriate to customer’s age and development.
- Works effectively and communicates appropriately for individual’s age and development.
- Uses reference material when appropriate to better meet the requirements of individuals of different needs and development.
- Interprets and follows documents such as policies and procedures.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, medical records, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and safety rules.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Solves practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Accurately performs mathematical calculations necessary to position.
- Work's as an RN on an as-needed basis.
- Actively participates on Hospital committees and teams.
- Attends appropriate community meetings.
- Assists with training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 values of achievement, creativity and innovation, teamwork, quality, and integrity.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to provide our highest level of compassionate, diligent and professional medical care.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled