Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Clinical Educator & Employee Health Oversight (full-time)
Nursing and Nursing Administration
The Clinical Nurse Education Coordinator will develop track, and ensure specific nursing competencies and education requirements are met on a continuous basis. This position also provides clinical oversight to the Employee Health program.
Responsible for the development and delivery of nursing education in specialty areas from basic and advanced practice. Evaluates academic performance and clinical competency of staff. Collaborates/leads policy and procedure development. Under supervision of the Nurse Director, uses available resources and approaches based on hospital protocols, policies and procedures, provides staff continuing education, orientation, and individual staff development. The Clinical Staff Educator will develop and implement training programs, identify and assess performance needs in collaboration with staff, quality, human resources, and nursing administration. The Clinical Staff Educator will act as resource to the clinical staff and will provide appropriate documentation of education activities. This position will focus on education for all patient care designated areas. In collaboration with Human Resources and Infection Preventionist, provides oversight to employee health staff to ensure compliance with employee wellness and safety.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Masters in Nursing or related field preferred..
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington, with annual renewal required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification or must be obtained within 30 days of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) or equivalent organization. PALS, & AHA (American Heart Association) ACLS preferred.
- Experience in nursing education and employee health preferred. Minimum (3) three years clinical experience. Instructor/education related experience, and leadership experience preferred..
- The ideal candidate should have expertise in employee health, infection control, acute care, evidence-based practice, collaboration, consultation, education, and mentoring and change management. An understanding of adult learning and professional nursing practice development. The specialized knowledge and skills are used within three major areas of focus: patient/family, nursing practice, and the organization/system.
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Proficient in Microsoft applications and CERNER to facilitate teams and assist in meeting benchmarks for care, utilizing performance improvement tools Ability to educate and relate to all staff and physicians. Creativity and analytical ability to solve problems in a variety of situations, roles and environments. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work varied shifts to provide bedside education and mentoring.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Serves as a resource on the latest evidence supporting cost effective, safe nursing practices. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to identify clinical education gaps or needs.
- Participates in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of education events, skills fairs, regulatory reviews, and conferences.
- Develops a monthly education calendar and with educational information and updates for clinical Staff.
- Evaluates innovative educational programs for clinical staff. Works together with other members of the multidisciplinary clinical team to ensure coordination and collaboration on education programs including individual classes, courses, and simulation.
- Collects, and analyzes data that serve as basis for program design and outcome measurement.
- Creates and revises nursing policies, protocols and procedures using evidence-based information.
- Serves as a resources for staff and an example for strong clinical practice and quality practice.
- Serves as the hospital's primary liasion with RQI for maintenance of BLS, PALS, and ACLS certifications and TNCC courses.
- Collaborates with nurses to develop practice environments that support shared decision-making, stimulate continuous self-learning, reflective evaluation, and responsible accountable practice.
- Actively participates in and drives quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists the staff in developing critical thinking and clinical judgment.
- Collaborates with patient care staff, operational leadership and others on content and design of orientation, clinical competency assessments, and other clinical educational program development.
- Works with Director and/or CNO to develop and track department specific nursing competencies.
- Develops and coordinates nursing staff orientation and annual education.
- Mentors nurses to acquire new skills, develop their careers and effectively incorporate evidence into practice as well as provide instruction toward achieving compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Actively provides input for staff performance evaluation.
- Assists in the development, coordination, and implementation of a new graduate residency program competencies.
- Provides formal and informal education for nurses and other health professionals and health professional students. Participates in the conduct and utilization of nursing research.
- Consults with other units and health care professionals to improve care.
- Designs and evaluates programs and initiatives that are congruent with the organization's strategic plans, regulatory agency requirements, and nursing standards.
- Participates in needs identification, selection and evaluation of products and equipment.
- Ensures compliance with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) program for employee training, fit, access, and PPE selection.
- Active participation in Safety Committee and accident prevention program.
- Provides clinical oversight and consultation of employee wellness, fit for duty, and return to work decisions.
- Reviews bloodborne pathogens, employee injuries, and needle/sharp events for for improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled