Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Medical Lab Technician/Technologist (Full-time)
This position performs chemical, microscopic, serologic, hematologic, immunohematologic, parasitic, and bacteriologic tests to provide data for use in treatment and diagnosis of disease.
- Associate of Science degree required for Medical Lab Technician. Bachelor of Science degree required for Medical Technologist.
- Medical Technician/Technologist certification by nationally recognized medical technology certification organization or licensed by state or federal government. Current Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist Certification. Current American Heart Association BLS or obtain within 30 days of hire.
- A minimum of two years hospital laboratory experience is preferred.
- General familiarity/experience with typical laboratory instruments.
- Receives and/or collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Performs tests in all laboratory disciplines:
- Blood Banking
- Clinical Microscopy
- Maintains proficiency with laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Performs quality control procedures and maintains quality control records.
- Ensures all patient data complete and correct.
- Ensures all laboratory forms are complete and stamped if abnormal, highlighting any abnormal parameters.
- Report any critical values directly to the responsible physician as soon as possible.
- Assesses and adjusts procedure to be compatible with the growth and development of the patient.
- Assesses patient’s level of understanding and adjusts procedures accordingly.
- Obtains supplies, equipment and instruments in relation to the size of the patient.
- Prioritizes work load to assure completion of assignment.
- Asks appropriate clarifying questions relative to scope of assignment.
- Provides status report to supervisor on assignments.
- Maintains adequate supplies in work area.
- Conducts oneself professionally at all times.
- Utilizes professional standards of judgment for maximum patient welfare.
- Calibrates and/or standardizes machines.
- Shares after-hour call as scheduled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 values of achievement, creativity and innovation, teamwork, quality, and integrity.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to provide our highest level of compassionate, diligent and professional medical care.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors, and others with respect, dignity, and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers, and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of the work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to the caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled