Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Technology Support Specialist I or II- (Full-time)
Information Technology & Informatics
This customer service position provides day-to-day support for all users of Arbor Health computer and telephone equipment. Typical topics include but are not limited to: password resets, desktop operating system settings (currently Windows 10), general computer application use/navigation and cell phone support. The incumbent of this position possesses the ability to provide courteous, helpful and technically sound customer service engagements for all Arbor Health employees. These interactions will be over the phone and in-person.
This position serves as 1st level Desktop and User support and provides rotational on-call service and support for all Hospital Computer and Technology Systems.
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree in Computer Science preferred. .
- Industry certification within 6 months of hire date. (e.g. A+, Network+ or equivalent)
- Two years experience with Microsoft desktop support or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Perform customer support related tasks and special projects as assigned by management.
- Work with clinical sites to ensure accessibility to our technology.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Assist with assessing and communicating risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Assist with developing business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Assist with defining requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Ensure continuous delivery of information technology.
- Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist with the direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Knowledge of HIPAA laws and security measures.
- Install, test, monitor, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair computer systems, networks and peripherals.
- Assist with managing account information, including rights, security and systems groups with Windows Active Directory and other management tools.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled