Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Radiologic Technologist (full-time)
Per Diem - CPT
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs radiologic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of procedures that require independent judgment, initiative, and ingenuity in order to apply prescribed procedures. May work independently or assist in performing other imaging procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalency, minimum. Graduate of a radiographic program approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Two years college or business school also preferred.
- Registered with ARRT. Washington State Certification or Registration. Current American Heart Association BLS Certification or must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- One year practical experience in radiology department under the direction of a qualified radiologist, preferred.
- All general radiographic equipment associated with radiographic department. Also prefer skills with CT scan and mammography.
- Performs all radiological examinations ordered by the physician. This includes routine and special procedures performed in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining records of procedures performed.
- Responsible for demonstrating correct position of patients, principles of radiographic exposure and processing, and teleradiology, and professional conduct with patients, peers staff and others.
- Responsible for proper safety precautions for radiation safety for all hospital personnel.
- Provides input to supervisor regarding improvements and special purchases of the department.
- Represents the imaging department at hospital meetings and other ad hoc meetings, as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use and limitations of x-ray generators and tubes (i.e., rating charts, warm-up procedures, cooling times).
- Understands and properly uses MA/time/KV values in producing radiographs.
- Uses correct angles and distances for each film.
- Properly positions patients and is knowledgeable of why and how positions are utilized for good imaging.
- Measures patients to assess exposure values as needed.
- Completely performs all diagnostic procedures.
- Properly shields self with lead garments according to department standards.
- Assists physicians in performing non-invasive, as well as invasive procedures, ordered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient care.
- Is proficient and competent in patient handling and body mechanics.
- Is kind, gentle courteous and attentive, always being conscious of the comfort and safety of the patient.
- Properly assesses patient and plans imaging needs.
- Is responsible for various clerical paperwork.
- Assures that adequate and pertinent data is communicated to peers and medical providers accurately and precisely.
- Assures that each image has correct patient data.
- Calls reports as needed.
- Properly charges exam performed.
- Is responsible for the physical areas of the department.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment, work area, and exam room and assures they are ready for use after each patient.
- Maintains adequate supplies in the exam room and other work areas.
- Immediately reports malfunctioning of equipment to supervisor.
- Demonstrates professional clinical knowledge for the care of patients.
- Assesses and adjusts care/treatment to be compatible with the growth and development of the patient.
- Assesses the patient’s level of understanding and adjusts care appropriately.
- Provides patient and family with information about the department environment and various aspects of the procedure/treatment/plan of care.
- Obtains supplies, equipment, and instruments in relation to the size of the patient.
- Assesses age-related changes; for example vision, hearing and skin condition
- Assesses physical limitation of elderly patients.
- Assesses adjustment dosage of medication relating to age.
- Follows guidelines as established at the time of assignment.
- Accepts assignments willingly.
- Prioritizes workload to assure completion of assignments.
- Asks appropriate clarifying questions relative to the scope of assignment.
- Provides status reports to supervisor on assignments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 values of achievement, creativity and innovation, teamwork, quality, and integrity.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to provide our highest level of compassionate, diligent and professional medical care.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors, and others with respect, dignity, and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers, and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of the work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to the caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled