Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dietician (per diem - CPT)
Per Diem - CPT
Responsible for conducting nutrition assessments, identifying patients at risk and creating diet plans. You should be able to analyze the effectiveness of interventions and use metrics to implement data-driven improvements. You should also actively keep up with the latest nutritional research, integrating new findings into diet plans and nutritional services. The ideal applicant has experience providing nutrition education to patients and mitigating risk factors. You must be ready to collaborate with physicians, therapists, and nurses in order to tailor dietary services and improve patient outcomes. The Registered Dietitian should be a great communicator, critical thinker and leader.
- Must be a Registered Dietician and member of the American Dietetic Association.
- Current Washington State Dietician Certification.
- Minimum one-year healthcare dietary experience.
- Must understand the special needs of the geriatric population.
- Strong problem solving, project management and organization skills
- Experience with data entry and data analysis
- Must have sound knowledge of the operations for the dietary department and how it relates to other departments in the hospital.
- Must understand regulations and have a basic understanding of the healthcare industry.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Provide dietary services in accordance with facility guidelines, state and federal laws and regulations
- Develop nutrition plans and implement interventions based on knowledge of patient’s current health
- Complete monthly, quarterly and yearly assessments of clients and adapt nutrition plans as needed
- Implement personalized, age-specific and culturally appropriate nutrition strategies
- Provide nutrition education and counseling for patients
- Review nutrition services policies and procedures and assist the Dietary Manager in updating the policies for the Dietary Department.
- Perform required nutrition assessments and consult orders.
- Verify menu substitutions documented on menus.
- Evaluate dietetic services and recommend changes as needed.
- Provide in-service training once per quarter to dietary or support staff.
- Follow written policies and procedures for the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for the portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 values of achievement, creativity and innovation, teamwork, quality, and integrity.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to provide our highest level of compassionate, diligent and professional medical care.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of the work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to the caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled