Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Room Technician - CPT - (Per diem)
The Emergency Room Technician will function under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse as assigned. Duties will include admitting services, (clerical & receptionist), direct and in-direct patient care mostly in the Emergency Room, but may occur on the Acute Care Unit, therefore contributing to the daily operations of the Emergency Room as a unit, and Morton General Hospital as a whole. Flexibility is required to facilitate patient care in the Emergency Room, Acute Care Unit, and the Admitting Department.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Medical terminology preferred.
- Washington State Medical Assistant-Certified or Medical Assistant-Registered and Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist required with annual renewal. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification or must be obtained within 30 days of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) or approved organization that follows AHA Guidelines.
- One year computer experience, preferred. One year of recent experience as a unit secretary/ward clerk or in a similar position. One year experience in a hospital or pre-hospital environment desired.
Primary job responsibilities:
- The Emergency Room Technician (ER Tech) assists the Emergency Physician or Registered Nurse by performing direct patient care activities under the direction of the Physician or Registered Nurse as described in the unit specific competencies and seeks out appropriate assistance in situations that are beyond his/her knowledge, competency, and scope of practice.
- Documents care provided on appropriate nursing notes as per policy.
- Completes and performs daily tasks outlined in ER Tech Checklist every shift.
- Provide comfort and compassion to all patients, according to patient’s level of understanding. Lead distraught family members and/or friends to quiet room for privacy. Serves as liaison between Emergency Room patients and others.
- Act as liaison for the Emergency Room providing comfort and compassion to patient’s family, friends, etc., and keep them informed of current developments.
- Primarily serves as Emergency Room/Admitting Clerk which may include reception, appointments, cashier, telephone, and information duties. As need determines, the role as Acute Care Ward Clerk may be required.
Registers patients on-line with correct information that includes:
-Accurate billing and insurance information.
-Collect and record cash/credit card payments.
- Keeps work areas neat and clean.
- Keeps room stocked.
- Complete lab and/or radiology orders.
- Hourly chart audits for any new orders, labs, timely and appropriate documentation from physicians and nursing staff.
- Maintain accurate Emergency Room patient log.
- May assist with transporting of patients to diagnostic testing, hospital admits, and to clinic visits, etc.
- Assist in transfers i.e. paperwork completion and obtaining copies of x-rays as indicated, phone calls to AMR and patient placement at accepting medical facility, etc.
- Patient personal belongings management
- Audits physician charges.
- Completion of Arbor Health Patient Follow-up form for all Emergency Room patients in the past 24 hours that have had any diagnostic exams and or laboratory tests that was sent to other laboratories for results.
- Maintenance of Emergency Room’s file cabinets, i.e. all necessary ER forms is available and well organized.
- Assemble charts for all admits/break down charts upon discharge.
- Inform admissions of any admit and patient status changes as needed.
- Handle any staffing problems/call off or call in based upon RN decision..
- Make managed care authorization phone calls. Medical Record correspondence for ER and inpatients as needed.
- Attends 4 staff meetings per year.
Completes annual mandatory education requirements
-ER Tech Competencies
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled