Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rehabilitation Scheduler (Full-time)
The Scheduler is responsible for scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner. The Scheduler is responsible for answering all incoming calls and directing calls to appropriate personnel. The scheduler will work in a corroborative, team environment by establishing strong working relationships with payors, referring providers, outpatient service departments, registration, verification and prior authorization and the business office. The scheduler will provide patients with pre-registration instructions and will obtain the necessary information from all patients to ensure their appointments are appropriate, and correct. This position requires strong computer skills, sensitivity to confidential information and excellent communication abilities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Medical terminology is preferred.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or obtain within 30 days of hire.
- One year computer training and/or experience, desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision making.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated time management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to handle a high workload volume.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Ability to be flexible and demonstrated ability to be adaptable.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage, billing and medical terminology preferred.
- Can operate computer, copy machine, switchboard, phone and fax efficiently.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Answers telephone calls coming into the Rehabilitation Services Department, transferring calls as appropriate.
- Has an understanding and working knowledge of medical insurance benefits, Medicaid and Medicare regulatory guidelines and verifies billing information.
- Documents no shows/cancellations in patient's chart for missed visits.
- Follows up with patient to reschedule any missed appointments timely.
- Covers for other front office functions as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department schedule and requisition routing procedures. Accurately schedules procedures to comply with restrictions of department resources (time,therapist, etc.) and the needs of the patient and referring physician.
- Handles incoming phone calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule appointments.
- Maintains departments schedules: Vacations, holidays, maintenance,etc. as authorized by Manager.
- Provides patients with accurate and legible appointment cards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.
- Provides patients with pre-registration instructions, including check-in time, what to bring (ie: ID, insurance cards, Advanced Directives, list of medications, appropriate clothing, etc.)
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office.
- Has a strong attention to detail and demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment in decision making.
- Understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the patient/client (according to department process), by interacting in a friendly and caring way by being attentive, and by providing a secure and pleasant encounter throughout the patients interaction.
- Mails correspondence to physicians and patients on request.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, or requested by Manager.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled