Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Randle/Riffe Clinic/Specialty Clinic
Serves as Clinic Receptionist. Duties include registering patients, answering telephones, ensure adequate billing information, putting the correct information into the computer, cash write-up, dispersing faxes, pulling, filing and scanning reports and charts. Providing coverage for the check in/check out & Referral position on an as needed basis due to illness or scheduled time off.
- High school diploma or equivalent, minimum.
- Technical training in medical office (reception assistant, etc).
- Experience in dealing with the public; Computer training and/or experience including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook Experience in typing and operating a 10-key calculator; Experience operating a copy machine, fax machine, telephone and filing.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serve as Clinic Receptionist -- this to include receptionist, telephone, information duties, scanning and faxing office correspondence, and auditing charts.
- Schedule patients to see provider(s).
- Have patient sign to authorize billing to their insurance.
- Verify insurance eligibility
- Input correct patient registration and insurance information into the computer.
- Notify patients of potential noncoverage of service when appropriate and obtain their signature or approval forms so that we bill patients for the service.
- Collect co-payments and co-insurance, log all receipts according to procedure and end of day cash write up.
- Keep statistical and financial information as required.
- Develop written procedures for job duties as required.
- Participate in cross-training procedures to ensure adequate position coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 values of achievement, creativity and innovation, teamwork, quality, and integrity.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to provide our highest level of compassionate, diligent and professional medical care.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled