Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Morton Clinic Receptionist (Full-time)
Serves as Clinic Receptionist. Duties include registering patients, answering telephones, ensure adequate billing information, putting the correct information into the computer, cash write-up, dispersing faxes, pulling, filing and scanning reports and charts. Providing coverage for the check in/check out & Referral position on an as needed basis due to illness or scheduled time off.
- High school diploma or equivalent, minimum.
- Technical training in medical office (reception assistant, etc).
- Experience in dealing with the public; Computer training and/or experience including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook Experience in typing and operating a 10-key calculator; Experience operating a copy machine, fax machine, telephone and filing.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serve as Clinic Receptionist -- this to include receptionist, telephone, information duties, scanning and faxing office correspondence, and auditing charts.
- Schedule patients to see provider(s).
- Have patient sign to authorize billing to their insurance.
- Verify insurance eligibility
- Input correct patient registration and insurance information into the computer.
- Notify patients of potential noncoverage of service when appropriate and obtain their signature or approval forms so that we bill patients for the service.
- Collect co-payments and co-insurance, log all receipts according to procedure and end of day cash write up.
- Keep statistical and financial information as required.
- Develop written procedures for job duties as required.
- Participate in cross-training procedures to ensure adequate position coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled