Arbor Health, an equal-opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Clinic Manager - Full-time (responsible for two (2) RHC's)
The Clinic Manager is responsible for leading the daily and administrative functions in an Ambulatory setting. The position provides direction and leadership to ensure Arbor Health meets the ‘Quadruple Aim’ of great patient care and improved population health within an efficient cost structure while improving the work life of providers and staff. Principal responsibilities include operations, managing of staff and resources, facilitating education, and maintaining compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulations. The role establishes quality improvement efforts to support the delivery of patient and family focused care and knowledge-based decision making as the framework for superior delivery of care. The Clinic Manager facilitates communication, coordination, and collaboration among disciplines regarding identification, planning, and provision of high quality, cost-effective care. The Clinic Manager is a resource within the organization and to the community in his or her area of expertise.
Minimum of an Associate Arts degree in Health Services Management, Business Administration/Management, Nursing, or related field, or completion of college-level certificate program in medical office management/Health Services management/or equivalent experience required.
Bachelor’s degree in Health Services Management or related field desired.
Minimum: Prior experience in Clinic Medicine.
Preferred: Prior experience in a Rural Health Clinic setting, 3 yearsof experience managing a clinic
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Primary job responsibilities:
Exhibit excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians and coworkers.
Performs all job activities in ways that are respectful, courteous and responsive. Interacts with coworkers in a respectful, supportive and cooperative way. Communicates and demonstrates ownership of administrative roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures that appropriate information is shared within the office for effective operations. Seeks clarification, listens and conveys information clearly, in written and verbal form. Demonstrates ability to implement problem-solving mechanisms in both routine and emergency situations. Responds appropriately to complaints and take effective corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of the job. Information from medical records is not released to others except in accordance with state regulations. Staff personnel records are maintained in a confidential manner and in accordance with current law. Staff disciplinary actions are taken privately away from other staff and patients.
- Has knowledge of safety-related work behaviors. Assesses safety of work environment and take initiative for preventing accidents and taking corrective actions in unsafe situations. Maintains the physical facility by implementing monthly environmental rounds and initiating requests for cleaning and repairs as needed.
- Contributes to the effective and efficient operations of the medical office. Provides for orientation of all new staff. Annually evaluates and formally appraises all office staff in writing. Consistently practices effective time management in terms of his/her own time and time of others.
Demonstrates commitment to personal growth and development. Participates in external activities related to professional goals. Reviews and share current practice literature with staff. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
Demonstrate appropriate resource management: Prepare operating budgets, including volume projections and expense and revenue estimates. Analyze and monitor actual budget performance and address variances. Institute necessary modifications to procedures and department resource commitments as financial changes dictate. Develop and monitor a system for timely, accurate charge entry and reconciliation. Stay abreast of new technology in supplies and equipment and evaluate for quality or cost improvements. Prepare documentation and participate in evaluation and acquisition of capital equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 values of achievement, creativity and innovation, teamwork, quality, and integrity.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to provide our highest level of compassionate, diligent and professional medical care.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled