Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
If you have employment questions, please contact Jamie Brazil at email@example.com
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Information regarding Machine Readable Files – Transparency in Coverage can be found here HMA Link: https://sawus2prdticmrfhma.z5.web.core.windows.net/
Respiratory Therapist (Per Diem)
The Registered Respiratory Therapist will work in a variety of settings to evaluate, treat, and manage patients of all ages with respiratory illnesses and other cardiopulmonary disorders. The Registered Respiratory Therapist participates in clinical decision-making and patient education, develops and implements respiratory care plans, applies patient-driven protocols, utilizes evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, and participates in health promotion, disease prevention, and disease management. The Registered Respiratory Therapist may be required to exercise considerable independent judgment, under the supervision of a physician, in the respiratory care of patients.
Required education and experience
- Two or more years of formal training and education leading to an associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree.
- Must have a current Washington State Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner with RRT credentials.
- CPR/BLS certification required or obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Two years recent experience in a hospital setting with experience in intensive care and emergency room.
- Computer, ABG analyzers, respiratory equipment, Vision bipap, CPAP, pulmonary function, EKG stress testing equipment.
Primary job responsibilities
- Collect and evaluate additional pertinent clinical data and recommend procedures to obtain additional data
- Assessing the cardiopulmonary status of patients.
- Performing and assisting in the performance of prescribed diagnostic studies, such as obtaining blood samples, blood gas analysis, pulmonary function testing, cardiac stress testing and EKG's.
- Evaluating data to assess the appropriateness of prescribed respiratory care.
- Establishing therapeutic goals for patients with cardiopulmonary disease.
- Participating in the development and modification of respiratory care plans and policy and procedures.
- Performing case management of patients with cardiopulmonary and related diseases. Coordinate care with Discharge Planner.
- Initiating prescribed respiratory care treatments, evaluating and monitoring patient responses to such therapy, and modifying the prescribed therapy to achieve the desired therapeutic objectives in a timely manner.
- Providing patient, family, and community education. Promote cardiopulmonary wellness, disease prevention, and disease management
- Participating in life support activities as required and promoting evidence-based medicine, research, and clinical practice guidelines.
- Review existing data in the patient records, including patient history and physical, blood gas results, pulmonary function results, imaging studies and monitoring cardiopulmonary data.
- Select, assemble, use, and troubleshoot equipment used in the delivery of respiratory care, ensure infection control, and perform quality control procedures. Check supplies for outdates.
- Maintain records and communicate information regarding the patient’s clinical status to appropriate members of the health care team.
- Maintain a patient’s airway, including care of artificial airways.
- Remove bronchial secretions, assure provision of adequate respiratory support, and evaluate and monitor patient’s objective and subjective responses to respiratory care.
- Modify therapeutic procedures and recommend modifications in the respiratory care plan based on the patient’s response.
- Act as an assistant to the physician performing special procedures.
- Initiate and conduct pulmonary rehabilitation and home care within the prescription.
- Demonstrates adequate and appropriate critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates adequate time management techniques.
- Able to appropriately triage patient care when needed.
- Completes annual mandatory professional education requirements including district competency's.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Additional 15% (on base wage) in lieu of benefits and Paid Sick leave accrual (.025/hr)
This is a union position on the union wage scale (24 steps) and the selected candidate will be placed on the wage scale at the years of experience per the contract. Step 1: $30.11/hr, Step 12: $37.43/hr, Step 24: $47.47
Open until filled