Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
If you have employment questions, please contact Jamie Brazil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Information regarding Machine Readable Files – Transparency in Coverage can be found here HMA Link: https://sawus2prdticmrfhma.z5.web.core.windows.net/
Speech Language Pathologist
The Speech Pathology position is for a Speech Language Pathologist with demonstrated skills in leadership, supervision, management, and advanced clinical skills. The Speech Pathologist provides diagnostic and therapeutic treatment to patients who exhibit speech, language, or swallow disorders. Other responsibilities include: Help with orienting new staff and assisting with policies and procedures.
- Previous education and training will include a Master's Degree in Arts or Science in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program (MA/MS) training in hospital clinical practice (clinical and educational).
- A certification of clinical competence (CCC) and state equivalent is required. A current Washington State Speech Language Patholoist License is required.
- Prior experience preferred but not required.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Assists manager with orienting new staff.
- Represents department within hospital, community, and professional community.
- Assists manager with development of policies and procedure.
- Communicates goals and objectives for Speech Department program.
- Proposes new program needs and coordinates with others as needed for program development/implementation.
- Assist manager with directing and controlling materials, supplies, and equipment needs for operation of department. Oversee operation of department related equipment both office and therapeutic/diagnostic including necessary supplies/equipment for patient needs.
- Assist manager in developing and assuring compliance with ongoing QA program to include full scope of services provided to meet needs of all regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates interprets and prepares reports of diagnostic findings of individuals communication and swallow ability/disabilities making appropriate determination of disorder exhibited correlates the implication of the disorder, and makes appropriate recommendations in reference to the disorder.
- Provides habilitative and rehabilitative services, participating in total rehabilitation planning as indicated including interdisciplinary team participation and plans, and directs a patient care plan with input from the patient when possible designed to restore or improve communication/swallow skills. Provides for long term follow-up with a facility, community city, or state. Determines need for additional referrals to other medical specialties and design and develop clinical materials.
- Meets professional continuing educational requirements on an independent basis and provides documentation for the facility.
- Is familiar with the state of growth and development as well as the signs of aging an provides age appropriate care. Competency is provided through professional education, experience and training, continuing education programs, inservices and literature.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled