Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
If you have employment questions, please contact Jamie Brazil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Information regarding Machine Readable Files – Transparency in Coverage can be found here HMA Link: https://sawus2prdticmrfhma.z5.web.core.windows.net/
Senior/Adult Fitness Instructor Specialist (Per Diem)
Performs and leads wellness/fitness-oriented work designed for the mature adult population in east Lewis county for the Arbor Health Community Wellness program. This may include but is not limited to working with and leading evidence based senior fitness classes (such as Enhanced Fitness). Assisting and or leading out in the development and implementation of various fitness and activity related groups.
- Fitness/or exercises related degree is a preferred. Successful completion of the Enhance ®Fitness New Instructor Training.
- Current nationally recognized fitness instructor certification. Current BLS certification or completed within 30 days of hire.
- 1 year experience in some form of fitness instruction required. Two years of hands-on leadership experience or an academic background in exercise science, physical education, or a related health field preferred. Previous experience working with Senior Fitness instruction is preferred.
- Ability to follow evidence-based programs and develop, implement, lead and motivate individuals in fitness related activities required. Knowledge of chronic diseases, special needs, and issues pertaining to older adults preferred. Basic motivational and fitness/exercise counseling techniques, preferred. Basic knowledge or aptitude regarding technology related to virtual meetings and group activities.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Leads Senior Exercise classes following evidenced based, best practice programs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of both Senior and Adult fitness and wellness activity programs.
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviews basic medical history, confirming appropriateness of fitness program for the client related to needs and contra-indication of various exercises.
- Assists client as needed in obtaining medical clearance from their provider.
- Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them improve their function using appropriate exercise and fitness interventions within the scope of practice of the certification.
- Assists with and tracks recruitment of community participants involved in adult and senior fitness and wellness programs.
- Monitors exercise activities to make sure they are performed correctly and provides encouragement, motivation and improvement feedback.
- Assists with and utilizes technology to facility both in person and virtual fitness events and classes.
- Maintains basic records necessary to track both progress, specific events, billing and payment of services rendered.
- Keeps appropriate equipment used operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Performs various clerical tasks, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms related to the adult/senior wellness program.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy fitness environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains and grows professional competency by completing or attending continuing education classes, related to fitness and exercise for wellness.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Rehabilitation and Community Wellness.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled