Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occupational Therapist (Per Diem)
Registry - this position is similar to a registry position that will cover vacation and sick days
The Occupational Therapist provides direct services including assessment, intervention, program planning and implementation, discharge planning, related documentation and communication to patients with neurological, orthopedic, cognitive and developmental disorders. The Occupational Therapy Practitioner needs to complete advanced practice curriculums for any interventions that they would like to practice, but which are not included within their scope of practice initially. Functions according to the AOTA Code of Ethics and standards of the profession. Follows policies and procedures required in the setting. Accepts responsibility for education at many levels, assisting in the recruitment of Rehab personnel, and working within the ethical standards of practice for the welfare of patients and its own members.
- Patient Assessment: Responds to requests for service and initiates evaluations as appropriate. Evaluates individuals to obtain and interpret data necessary for treatment planning and intervention.
- Interpretation and Treatment Plan Development: Interprets evaluation findings to appropriate individuals. Develops and coordinates treatment plans, including goals and methods to achieve stated goals.
- Treatment Implementation: Implements the intervention plan directly. Adapts environment tools, materials and activities according to the needs of the individual and their social cultural context. Develops appropriate home and community programming to support performance in natural environment.
- Patient Involvement and Results: Monitors the individual response to treatment and modifies plan as needed. Terminates services when maximum benefit is received and formulates discontinuation and follow-up plans.
- Appropriate Documentation and Quality Measures: Documents care as required. Maintains records required by clinical setting, third party payors and regulatory agencies. Performs continuing quality improvement activities and program evaluation using predetermined criteria and adapting program to elicit the best possible patient outcomes.
- Individual Participation: Monitors own performance and identified supervisory needs. Participates in the fieldwork education process. Fits, adjusts, and trains patients in the use and care of prosthesis and assistive devices.
- Training and Competency: Attends at least one continuing education experience during the appraisal year, either in-house or an outside offering. Is familiar with the stages of growth and development, as well as the signs of aging and provides age appropriate care. Competency is provided through professional education, experience and training, continuing education programs, In service and literature.
- Performs department orientation to other Rehabilitation staff when assigned.
- Ensures equipment is being maintained by reporting malfunction to Rehabilitation Manager.
- Is responsible for oversight of own patient caseload regarding follow-up with front office on scheduling, troubleshooting insurance issues, reminder phone calls, etc.
- Participates is revisions of policies and procedures throughout Lucidoc. Review and revisions are completed within the time frame allowed by document management program.
- MD Relations: The ability to communicate with physicians regarding patients and healthcare system. Consistently communicates patients' condition to physician with appropriate documentation. Occasionally attends Care Conferences.
- Assists in providing interpretation of therapy referrals, staff care and other duties as assigned by the Rehabilitation Services Manager.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors, and others with respect, dignity, and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers, and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of the work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to the caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Market plus additional % in lieu of benefits.
Open until filled