Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Medical Massage Therapist
A medical massage therapist primary focus is to perform specialized and/or generalized therapeutic soft tissue massage of specific muscles and associated joints. This will be performed after the therapist obtains a detailed history from their patients and clients, including information about any injuries or conditions that might affect their outcome. The medical massage therapist may assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength, and work together with the Physical or Occupational Therapist if providing care to the inpatient and outpatient population.
Interviews patients/clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful.
- Evaluates clients' soft tissue condition. May also assess joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion as it relates to soft tissue mobility.
- Develops, documents and proposes client treatment plans that specify appropriate types of massage or interventions to be used.
- Massage, and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries or wellness maintenance.
- Administer therapy treatments to patients using hands or physical treatment aids.
- Collaborate as needed with other health care professionals such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, physicians, and or mental health professionals in order to develop treatment plans for clients.
- Maintain detailed and accurate treatment records of clients utilizing electronic medical record. Bill for services provided following professional standards and compliance.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training session as needed to contribute to organization and department goals.
- Perform other adjunctive therapies or treatment techniques in addition to massage as outlined within appropriate scope of practice and specialized training.
- Refer clients/patient to other health care providers as necessary.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises within the scope and practice of the massage therapist and the specific plan of care.
- Determine and utilize appropriate topical agents as needed in the performance of their interventions.
- Assists with other various duties in the department as needed.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors, and others with respect, dignity, and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers, and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of the work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to the caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled