Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
If you have employment questions, please contact Jamie Brazil at email@example.com
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Information regarding Machine Readable Files – Transparency in Coverage can be found here HMA Link: https://sawus2prdticmrfhma.z5.web.core.windows.net/
Surgical Services Manager (Full Time)
Nursing and Nursing Administration
Oversees the daily operations of the surgery department, infusion services, and wound care. Makes recommendations to improve the productivity, quality, and efficient delivery of products and services. Develops and implements policies and procedures. Responsible for the procurement and maintenance of equipment, and supplies, staffing and training of employees, and budgeting. May oversee pre-and post-operative care of patients. Ensures adherence to procedure and schedule. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Associates Degree in Nursing; BSN or MSN preferred
- Current license to practice as RN in the State of Washington.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification or must be obtained within 30 days of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) or equivalent organization. ACLS & PALS recommended within six (6) months of hire.
- 10 years of experience in the field
Primary job responsibilities:
- Provides effective leadership and supervisory support to staff
- Selects qualified and competent employees
- Ensures that all employees are provided with appropriate orientation and in-services
- Projects and coordinates sufficient staffing to meet departmental demands
- Assures that qualifications and competencies of all employees are current
- Conducts performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Communicates Arbor Health’s vision, mission and strategic plan
- Facilitates development of a team whose vision and priorities are aligned with organizational goals
- Establishes performance expectations and provides coaching to achieve positive results
- Empowers staff to make decisions by providing information and tools
- Motivates staff and creates an environment where employees thrive.
- Fosters teamwork, effective communication and collaboration among all departments
- Anticipates department needs relative to finances, space and resources and participate in annual budget process.
- Manages personnel resources and adjusts to changing work-load, staff absence, and other needs within the parameters of staffing targets
- Responsible to provide the tools, equipment, and resources for employees to work safely and efficiently.
- Monitors and ensure compliance with the department budget
- Formulates, reviews and revises policies and procedures
- Develops, implements, and monitors department quality and process improvement initiatives
- Maintains compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies
- Develops short and long-term goals and objective for the department, which integrate with the goals of the hospital.
- Develops, administers, and monitors all departmental policies.
- Responsible for Kronos timekeeping.
- Coordinates patients and Surgery staff to maximize personnel and equipment to facilitate patient surgeries.
- Communicates with staff regarding status of equipment and accessories, staffing levels, and procedures (pending or cancellation)
- Notifies appropriate patient care providers and office support staff of schedule changes when necessary.
- Reviews and approves department staffing schedules to ensure enough qualified and competent staff are available to provide services.
- Evaluates and counsels’ employees relative to performance, conduct, attendance and adherence to department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Identifies and addresses surgery problems, initiates corrective action, and follows up to ensure resolution.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of the hospital computer systems.
- Reviews data collection for Performance Improvement activities for: Peer review, critical values, discrepant findings and report turnaround time.
- Provides staff education and regularly reviews processes to ensure requirements are met for physician orders, completion of required consents, presence of history and physical, patient/procedure evaluation including but not limited to vitals and comfort, and documentation of patient teaching.
- Monitors requirements for licensure/certification within timeframes established by regulatory agency.
- Monitors documentation of staff, competencies, orientation, continuing education and licensure/certification.
- Coordinates and oversees completion of staff competencies: age-specific: initially, at least annually, at job transfer, and when warranted for employee performance improvement.
- Performs employee discipline for unacceptable performance and staff recognition for good performance.
- Initiates and/or participates in service line development and expansion, referral development, and volume initiatives.
- Conducts employee education regarding policies and procedures, including documentation of competency and/or test completion.
- Conducts department meetings.
- Assures Continuous Survey Readiness for DNV and DOH.
- Accountable for assigned DNV Continuous Survey Readiness chapters.
- Implements standards and changes, including writing new policies or revising existing policies.
- Is responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of performance improvement and QI.
- Develops and executes departmental goals such that they support the organizational mission and strategic plan.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support consistent provision of services.
- Plans for, develops, and effectively manages departmental charges and budget such that resources are deployed effectively and efficiently.
- Serves as an effective coach in recognizing and supporting individual team member strengths and talents. Manages performance of staff through continuing education, effective delegation and ongoing coaching and counseling.
- Promotes inter and intra departmental collaboration, nurtures relationships with others and is viewed positively by co-workers. Responds appropriately to negativity, seeks to promote understanding and mutual achievement of goals.
- Strong orientation toward services excellence. Utilizes brand platform for consistent deployment of services. Effectively motivates and coaches staff in standards of excellence.
- Seeks opportunities for organizational improvement, consistently applies lean thinking to departmental operations to enhance or improve services.
- Demonstrates an orientation toward achievement and professional growth actively seeks and initiates self-improvement through continuing education and/or participation in work projects that offer developmental challenges.
- Promotes teamwork, nurtures relationships with others and is viewed positively by co-workers.
- Carries own share of responsibility and willingly offers assistance to others.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled