Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
If you have employment questions, please contact Jamie Brazil at email@example.com
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Information regarding Machine Readable Files – Transparency in Coverage can be found here HMA Link: https://sawus2prdticmrfhma.z5.web.core.windows.net/
Registered Nurse (Per Diem)
Nursing and Nursing Administration
The RN will have the opportunity to work in more than one area of specialty depending on experience and qualifications. Areas include Acute Care, ER, OR, Outpatient and Transitional Care. As a Critical Access Hospital RN you would be required to work in at least two specialty areas.
The Registered Nurse is a leader of the health care team with a comprehensive educational background in the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of patient/resident care and family teaching. The Registered Nurse also has leadership skills which enable him/her to prescribe, delegate, and coordinate the nursing care provided throughout the district. The Registered Nurse assists in orientation, training, and education of personnel.
- A graduate of an accredited registered nurse program.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington, with annual renewal required. Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS or must be obtained within 6 months of hire. RN's working in ER and OR are required to have PALS Certification or obtain it within 90 days of hire in addition to the BLS and ACLS requirement. RN's in ER must also have TNCC or an equivalent.
- Two years medical experience preferred.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Obtains an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patients/residents immediate condition or needs within the timeframe specified by the facility's policies, procedures and protocols.
- Develops individualized plan of care appropriate to age of patient/resident.
- Initiate the plan of care that is individualized for the patients/residents reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the patients/residents condition and/or the facility's policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by the physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patients/residents and his/her family.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the patients/residents and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution and discharge planning.
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to resuscitation protocols.
- Provide care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patients/residents and family's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Reports patient condition to charge nurse beginning and end of shift. Reports changes in patient conditions to charge nurse and appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Acts in a fiscally responsible manner and works to decrease waste.
- Able to work in a Team-oriented environment that provides the highest level of quality patient care while maintaining very high patient satisfaction scores.
- Safe medication practices according to hospital districts policy and procedures of medication administration.
- Ensure that the appropriate charges for patient care are entered into EHR.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Demonstrates flexibility in assuming responsibilities to facilitate quality patient/resident care.
- Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents so follow-up and/or prevention can occur.
- Consistently evaluate work and determine if further steps are needed to meet patients/residents/facility expectations.
- Demonstrates adequate time management techniques.
- Take initiative to do or redo inadequate or incomplete work, even if it is not yours.
- Record/report the need for service maintenance or repair of equipment and remove any faulty equipment from service and complete documentation of issue.
- Adheres to the nursing standards and regulations, seeks continuing education for professional knowledge and contributes to the development and growth of the department.
- Works within the framework of Washington State RN Practice Act, established policies and procedures of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1, and standards of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth with continuing education specific to assigned unit.
- Actively participates on hospital committees or in unit development.
- Initiates appropriate measures for intervention in ethical issues.
- Demonstrate adequate and appropriate critical thinking skills.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet the future needs of the System (education, organizing, housekeeping, assisting others).
- Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Additional 15% (on base wage) in lieu of benefits and Paid Sick leave accrual (.025/hr)
This is a union position on the union wage scale (30 steps) and the selected candidate will be placed on the wage scale at the years of experience per the contract. Step Staff: $35.55/hr, Step 15: $53.14/hr, Step 30: $65.71/hr.
Open until filled