Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Maintenance/Floor Technician - (Full-time)
Maintenance Technician performs the duties of assisting in the operation of the maintenance department under the leadership of the Environmental Services Manager. Maintenance Technician will assist in performing the duties necessary to keep the physical structure, and associated equipment of the hospital in good repair. Minor electrical work, mechanical repairs, and learning all phases relating to maintenance are the primary duties.
- One year experience in a related field preferred.
- Valid Washington State driver's license. Abstract of driving record for employee file.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to describe, in department specific terminology, mechanical/electrical, equipment, or physical plan needs and repairs.
- Ability to communicate or resolve problematic situations directly related to plant operations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the primary job responsibilities satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic maintenance tools and operational skills needed to complete all essential duties listed.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Assists in performing urgent corrective, routine and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems as required. Follows work requests policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring emergency power systems are maintained as per NFPA requirements.
- Responsible for understanding and absorbing new work methods. Maintain records, reports, logs, statistics, and files as required.
- Works day, evening, or night shift as assigned.
- Reads and understands blueprints and interprets instructions.
- Works day, evening, or night shift as assigned. Shares on-call with other maintenance personnel
- Inspect facilities and equipment on a regular basis and report findings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of fire alarm and signal system.
- Knowledge of security, safety and maintenance policies.
- Knowledge and observance of safety precautions.
- Be able to work with others in a team environment.
- Participate in Code Team Committee as requested by Supervisor.
GROUNDS UPKEEP STANDARDS:
- Keep grass cut, trimmed and neat appearance.
- Trims and shapes shrubs as directed.
- Clean up parking lot as needed.
- Operates/maintains compactor.
- Ask advice and help from the Director as needed.
- Uses proper devices or tools for equipment on which work is being performed.
PHYSICAL PLANT UPKEEP STANDARDS:
- Keeps walls attractive by touch up painting as needed.
- Identifies and corrects or reports improperly working devices, i.e., curtain tracts, bed rails, lights, window coverings, etc.
- Performs minor preventative maintenance on department equipment, i.e., lubricate wheels on carts, cleans and disinfects garbage cans, linen carts, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Reports unsafe work to the Director of Facilities/Support Services and then corrects those that can be corrected.
- Ensures equipment and tools are maintained or replaced and put away correctly when a job is finished.
FLOOR MAINTENANCE STANDARDS:
- Use of Rug doctor to shampoo carpets
- Use of buffing/stripping machines to wax and maintain tile and laminate flooring.
- Strip floors and re-wax using proper procedures.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled