Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Medical Lab Technician/Technologist (Full-time)
Full-time Day Shift with On-Call
This position performs chemical, microscopic, serologic, hematologic, immunohematologic, parasitic, and bacteriologic tests to provide data for use in treatment and diagnosis of disease.
- Associate of Science degree required for Medical Lab Technician. Bachelor of Science degree required for Medical Technologist.
- Medical Technician/Technologist certification by nationally recognized medical technology certification organization or licensed by state or federal government. Current Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist Certification. Current American Heart Association BLS or obtain within 30 days of hire.
- A minimum of two years hospital laboratory experience is preferred.
- General familiarity/experience with typical laboratory instruments.
- Receives and/or collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Performs tests in all laboratory disciplines:
- Blood Banking
- Clinical Microscopy
- Maintains proficiency with laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Performs quality control procedures and maintains quality control records.
- Ensures all patient data complete and correct.
- Ensures all laboratory forms are complete and stamped if abnormal, highlighting any abnormal parameters.
- Report any critical values directly to the responsible physician as soon as possible.
- Assesses and adjusts procedure to be compatible with the growth and development of the patient.
- Assesses patient’s level of understanding and adjusts procedures accordingly.
- Obtains supplies, equipment and instruments in relation to the size of the patient.
- Prioritizes work load to assure completion of assignment.
- Asks appropriate clarifying questions relative to scope of assignment.
- Provides status report to supervisor on assignments.
- Maintains adequate supplies in work area.
- Conducts oneself professionally at all times.
- Utilizes professional standards of judgment for maximum patient welfare.
- Calibrates and/or standardizes machines.
- Shares after-hour call as scheduled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors, and others with respect, dignity, and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers, and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of the work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to the caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled