Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
If you have employment questions, please contact Jamie Brazil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Information regarding Machine Readable Files – Transparency in Coverage can be found here HMA Link: https://sawus2prdticmrfhma.z5.web.core.windows.net/
Laboratory Manager (Full Time)
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for all issues related to day to day operations of the hospital's laboratory. The Laboratory Manager is responsible for scheduling, work assignments, supervision to daily lab operations and personnel and maintenance of critical laboratory records. The supervisor works to ensure the efficient, service-oriented and cost effective operation of the Lab and ensures adequate staffing levels in the lab to meet the service needs of the hospital and works as a Medical Laboratory Technologist as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Medical Lab Technologist Certification from a nationally recognized medical technology certification organization.
- Washington State Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist License
- BLS or obtain within 30 days of hire
- A minimum of two years hospital laboratory experience.
- Must have supervisory and organizational abilities to direct lab department.
- Provides effective leadership and supervisory support to staff.
- Selects qualified and competent employees.
- Ensures that all employees are provided with appropriate orientation and in-services.
- Projects and coordinates sufficient staffing to meet departmental demands.
- Assures that qualifications and competencies of all employees are current.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Communicates Arbor Health’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Facilitates development of a team whose vision and priorities are aligned with organizational goals.
- Establishes performance expectations and provides coaching to achieve positive results.
- Empowers staff to make decisions by providing information and tools.
- Motivates staff and creates an environment where employees thrive.
- Fosters teamwork, effective communication and collaboration among all departments.
- Anticipates department needs relative to finances, space and resources and participate in annual budget process.
- Manages personnel resources and adjusts to changing work-load, staff absence, and other needs within the parameters of staffing targets.
- Responsible to provide the tools, equipment, and resources for employees to work safely and efficiently.
- Monitors and ensure compliance with the department budget.
- Formulates, reviews and revises policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the clinical laboratory.
- Responsible for staffing levels including preparing and maintaining work schedules for clinical laboratory staff.
- Provides leadership and guidance to departmental staff.
- Responsible for quality management and reporting.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions to the Ancillary Services Director for standardization of equipment, procedures and methods, changes in equipment or procedures to improve safety and patient care.
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed and documented and employees are adequately trained.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements and compliance standards.
- Responsible for ensuring laboratory supplies are ordered as needed and cost containment programs are in place.
- Assist in preparation of the budget for staffing, supplies and equipment
- Demonstrates effective judgement in the selection and utilization of various data sources to identify problems in the delivery of laboratory results.
- Demonstrates flexibility as the needs of the laboratory change.
- Makes recommendations to the Ancillary Services Director regarding hiring, employee discipline and separation of employment.
- Maintains proficiency in all techniques and equipment used by the Laboratory.
- Manages employees time and attendance in Kronos.
- Attends meetings as needed.
- Works as a Clinical Lab Technologist as needed.
- Seeks opportunities for professional advancement to improve or gain new skills, knowledge or training.
- Works with contract pathologist regarding testing procedures, new tests and usage of new equipment.
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors, and others with respect, dignity, and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers, and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of the work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to the caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary
Medical, Dental and Vision, 403(b) with a maximum match of 6% (match depends on years of experience in the healthcare field), Employer paid life insurance at 1x your annual rate of salary, Employer paid long and Short-term disability, EAP, PTO accrual (.0885/hr up to 40 hours/week) & Paid Sick Leave accrual (.0154/hr up to 40 hours/week), 7 paid holidays
Hourly Rate Min - $39.97 Mid - $50.70 Max - 61.43 starting pay will DOE
Open until filled