Arbor Health is a great place to work. In addition to being an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive compensation and excellent benefits for our employees, we truly appreciate and value our staff. One of the ways we demonstrate our appreciation is our Employee Recognition Program.
If you are ready for a new adventure in life, we want to invite you to consider a job in an organization that prides itself in community support, employee engagement and financial stability. We believe we are “just what the doctor ordered” for you.
If you have employment questions, please contact Jamie Brazil at email@example.com
Arbor Health is committed to providing a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment substance abuse screening is required as a condition of employment.
Information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be found here.
Information regarding Machine Readable Files – Transparency in Coverage can be found here HMA Link: https://sawus2prdticmrfhma.z5.web.core.windows.net/
Dietary Services Tech (food service position) - Per Diem
Casual Part-Time (Per Diem)
This position prepares or is responsible for the preparation of foods for residents, patients, guests, and employees, following prescribed therapeutic menus. Maintains work areas, equipment, dishes, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Food Service Standards:
I. Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils and service ware:
- Dish machine operation.
- Pot and pan sink operation
- Garbage disposal
- Proper use and storage of detergents and sanitizes
- Proper stacking of dishes/use and cleaning of cart
- Wear gloves in dish-room
- Handling isolation trays
II. Prepares adequate quantities of food according to census and production forecast, avoiding excess leftovers and shortages:
- Using census sheet
- Using production sheet
- Adjusting production based on census change
- Re-calculating recipes
- Preparing tray-line and cafeteria for service
III. Follows standardized recipes, portion control and production techniques and knows:
- Basic measurements (ounces, cups, pints, quarts, gallons,
- Importance of standardized recipes and accurate measurements
IV. Ensures plated food is tasteful and attractive:
- Taste tests all new recipes
- Replaces or substitutes non-palatable food
- Arranges food attractively on plate
- Seeks feedback for improvements
V. Accurately assembles client trays on the tray-line and prepares food
according to diet modifications:
- Understands types of menus and diets
- Understands and correctly prepares appropriate food textures
- Sets up a tray-line station correctly
- Calling for items if out
VI. Stores and rotates food by labeling, dating and observing the FIFO
- Label food
- Store raw food on lower shelves
- Store hot food in shallow pan
- Follows the first-in/first-out principle
VII. Ensures that the production areas are clean, organized
- Cleans and sanitizes work surface
- Sweeps and mops floors
- Can use and clean kitchen equipment
VII. Other duties as assigned
Standard for portrayal of mission and values:
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 core values of - One team, on Mission. Go out of your way, to brighten someone's day. Own it, embrace it. Care like crazy. Motivate, elevate, appreciate. Know the way, show the way, ease the way. Find joy along the way.
- Employee demonstrates and fosters the mission of Lewis County Hospital District No. 1 to foster trust and nurture a healthy community.
- Is cooperative and supportive to others within the department and hospital providing care and services.
- Treats individuals including patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient families, physicians, volunteers, visitors and others with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Behaves professionally and ethically in all interactions with patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patients' families, physicians volunteers, and others.
- Is consistently courteous to patients, co-workers, supervisors, management, patient’s families, physicians, volunteers and others; greets individuals and provides assistance and direction in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Willingly strives at continuous quality improvement to achieve quality work the first time every time.
- Is willing to learn new procedures and develop new skills for the purpose of improving quality of care and services.
- Willingly participates as a member of work team(s) supporting the goals and objectives of the department and the district.
- When answering the telephone, is courteous to caller, clearly identifies department, name and takes a message or directs calls as necessary in a helpful manner.
Open until filled